Mavs Open Press
Web version evaluated on 2/7/23
Accessibility Standards Passed – 10/10
- The organization providing materials has a formal accessibility policy.
- The organization providing materials has an accessibility statement.
|Accessibility statement is present in the front matter.
- Chapter titles and section headers should be marked as headers and distinct from body text.
- Table of contents should be present and allow navigation.
- Page numbers should be present and correspond with print numbers.
- Content should remain organized after user ‘reflows’ page.
|All chapter titles and section headers have been marked as headers distinct from the body text. Figure titles have not been included as captions. This could be improved upon.
- Non-decorative images should be marked with alternative text.
- Images should be compatible with screen reader and magnification software.
- Decorative images should be marked with null alternative text.
|All figures and images have detailed descriptive text. Decorative images do NOT have descriptive text, and have been left blank.
- Tables should be simple and compatible with screen readers and magnification software.
- Tables should be single celled and contain ordered lists.
- Tables should include markup that identify their rows and columns.
|All tables are single celled and easy to read. They are all compatible with screen reader technology.
- In-book links should function and connect to their correct location in the text.
- Hyperlinks should connect to a working webpage. Hyperlinks should preferably open pages in the same window.
- All links should be distinct from body text. They should be descriptively titled and a different color or italicized.
|There are no hyperlinks in this text.
- Closed captions should be provided for any video content.
- Descriptive transcripts should be provided for any video content.
- Audio or video player used for multimedia content should be compatible with assistive technology.
- No content should flash more than 3 times per second.
|All the videos stream correctly and have a “closed captions” option.
- STEM formulas and equation should be created with an editor compatible with screen readers such as LaTex or MathML.
- If equations are inserted as images they should be described in an alt tag.
|There is no STEM content in this text.
- Font should be adjustable and compatible with screen readers, magnification software, and colored displays. Text must remain accessible when any font size is selected.
- All font should have zoom capabilities to 200%.
- Font should meet standard size requirements (12 pt. body, 9 pt. footnote).
- Alternative color and line spacing adjustments should be available.
|All fonts are adjustable and compatible with screen reader technology.
- All information presented in color should also be conveyed in text or other images.
- Headers should meet WCAG AA contrast standards.
- Body text should meet WCAG AA contrast standards.
- Simple images should meet WCAG AA contrast standards.
|There are no alternative text colors included in the text.
- Interactive elements such as menus, examples, practice questions, etc., allow keyboard only operation with and without assistive technology.
- All instructions, error messages, and prompts are in text and compatible with assistive technology.
- Text should allow for keyboard only operation.
- Text should be accessible on mobile devices.
|No interactive elements in this text.