Want to create or adapt books like this? Learn more about how Pressbooks supports open publishing practices.
Book Contents Navigation
About the Publisher
About This Project
How to Read this Book & Land Acknowledgement
1. Where Does Art Come From? An Introduction
2. Where Are We Going?
3. Who Am I?
4. What Is Divine?
5. What Is Beautiful?
6. What Is Important to Us?
7. Will You Tell a Story?
8. Who Came Before Us?
9. Where Do Babies Come From?
10. What Happens When We Die?
Victor Tsao; Emery Martinez-Blas; and Leah McCurdy
11. Why Does Size Matter?
12. What Will I Get Out of It?
Leah McCurdy and Victor Tsao
13. Why Do They Have More Than Us?
14. Why Do I Have to Do What You Say?
15. Why Do People Take What Doesn't Belong to Them?
16. Can We Live Together?
17. Neheb is Dead by Emery Martinez-Blas
18. We will Never Be Perfect and That's Okay by Celeste Smith
19. The Post-Colonial Igbo Identity by Chinamerem Ahuchaogu
20. The people without faces and the fight against the unjust by Andrea Macias
Timelapses for Transformational Sketches
Errata and Versioning History
Mental Maps of Art History
All Mental Maps of Art History examples below are published in
Elkins, James. 2002. Stories of Art. London: Routledge.
Where Does Art Come From? Copyright © 2022 by Leah McCurdy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.