Mavs Open Press uses Pressbooks to create and distribute OER. In May 2018, Pressbooks announced their accessibility policy, which outlines efforts and demonstrates commitment to making the software accessible. The web version of this resource has been designed with accessibility in mind by incorporating the following features.
- It has been optimized for people who use screen-reader technology.
- all content can be navigated using a keyboard.
- links, headings, tables are formatted to work with screen readers and images have alt tags.
- Information is not conveyed by color alone.
- Font may be resized from the tab on the top right of the screen.
Known Accessibility Issues
The rubric used to evaluate this resource for accessibility is included in the publication’s back matter. While we strive to make our resources as accessible and as usable as possible, we might not always get it right. Any issues we identify will be listed below. There are currently no known issues.
|Location of issue||Need for improvement||Timeline||Workaround|
If you encounter problems accessing this resource, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know so we can address the issue.
Please include the following information:
- The location of the problem by providing a web address or page description
- A description of the problem
- The computer, software, browser, and any assistive technology you are using that can help us diagnose and solve your issue
- e.g., Windows 10, Google Chrome (Version 65.0.3325.181), NVDA screenreader
This statement was last updated on February 24, 2020. It was modified from the BCcampus Open Education Accessibility Toolkit – 2nd Edition by Amanda Coolidge, Sue Doner, Tara Robertson, and Josie Gray and is used under a CC BY 4.0 International License.